Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Reflecting on Soulmates

Thoughts while I am driving to work. 
I’m starting to think that soulmates are not a thing. Everyone comes into your life for a reason whether it be something to teach you, something to give you, or just someone to spend time with. But they’re not necessarily meant to stay forever. The only way to keep growing is new people and new experiences. No one will ever accept all of you. We will always have something we want to change or fix about others whether it be something about appearance, habits, personality, maybe even education. I don’t want to change for somebody else. We can stay in each others lives as long as we help each other grow and learn but when it comes to the point where we think we need to make each other better and need to teach them or get them to change, it’s time to go separate ways.  You were here so I can learn the lessons I need to learn, not so you can teach me and make me what you want me to be but so I can become who I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment