Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blessed With Dance

While some things are still very much lacking, other areas of my life are starting to look up. I have been offered a position teaching at The Ballroom of Reno. Anyone who knows me knows that dancing is my passion. This is a dream come true. However as the name entitles, it is a ballroom. I have little previous experience in ballroom but they saw enough potential in me the first week I came for classes to offer me a position on their team. I have been in training 6 nights a week since March learning several smooth and rhythm dances. While I am not getting many hours at my day job and have taken time off from school, this is keeping me very busy. I am training in foxtrot, tango, waltz, viennese waltz, cha cha, rhumba, salsa, night club 2 step, west coast swing, east coast swing and have just started taking ballet and argentine tango. We even touched some on quickstep and hustle. Soon I will also be starting on bolero and mambo. All the while I am teaching country line dancing, well line dancing; it's not all country.
I sometimes feel very overwhelmed and don't know if I'm gonna be able to learn enough to be able to teach this but at other times I realize how much I have learned in such a short time and am proud of my accomplishments. I don't want to let them down after they put so much faith in me to bring me in on training with others who have been training for over a year for this.
Another opportunity I have been given through this is being able to participate in Tough Mudder this year. There is a team of us from the ballroom signed up and I can't wait to see if I'm tough enough. We will be training hard for this along with training at the studio all summer. I hope I can handle all this training without breaking. Here's to a great summer filled with adventure and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment